Sonntag, 20. Mai 2012

The Poldragonet Overhead

Finally I went for an Overhead Panel.

My biggest investment until now: 600€ including shipping and tax. I was very excited and the two and a half weeks it took the package to get to my house felt like months. As you can see from the pictures attached, the panel itself was shipped in perfect condition, being packed into a huge box. The postman was kind of surprised when I opened the door and said it was mine...



















After spending some time just looking at the panel, I started to put it together... like a huge puzzle.  One has to be very careful when handling, lifting and moving the panel - the paint can be scratched off very easily, one of the very few, actually the only negative aspects of this product...

I was kind of struggling when I tried to figure out which switches go where, but after some research I found an excellent video on youtube:




After the switches were fitted I started to think about the annunciators: Some can be glued directly onto the panel but some don't have a proper countersink... I am still thinking about it but I'll probably first paint it from the front in either grey or white (depending on the panel) and then paint it black from the back.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Great equipment, wich cards are you planning to use when wiring ?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. where did you buy this panel also what was the cost if you dont mind me asking

    AntwortenLöschen